Position: BGC Program Volunteer
After School Drop-In and Evening Leadership Programs
Boys and Girls Clubs
We’re looking for positive adult role models to assist in running drop in programs in the after-school time frame. The purpose is to keep the children and youth participants safe, active, and positively engaged during the after-school time frame.
We are also looking for positive adult role models to assist in running evening leadership programs for youth ages 10-17 depending on the program and community we are serving.
- successfully complete each phase of the Agency’s enrollment process
- participate in Orientation and Training administered by the Agency
- be a positive role model, emphasizing behaviour such as trust, respect, reliability, honesty, fairness, commitment, resilience, kindness
- place primary importance upon the protection and well-being of children and youth
- be supervised and supported by, and remain accountable to, program staff
- volunteer with a program within one or more of the following communities of your choice: Fairview, Normandeau, Parkvale, Delburne, Penhold, Springbrook, Spruce View, Benalto, Bowden, Elnora, Innisfail
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- have the ability to relate to young people and adults, and to adapt to change
- be reliable, honest, trustworthy and fun to hang out with
- be collaborative, patient and positive
- function within the guidelines of the Agency
- support the mission of the Agency
Please fill out the below information so that we can get you a volunteer application package for our Boys and Girls Club programs!