Join us for the second annual Rally For Kids, presented by TELUS, in support of Camp Alexo! Enjoy an afternoon of OHV touring the historic CN Rail Line in the heart of David Thompson Country. This is a family-friendly OHV trail.
REGISTRATION Saturday, September 5 from 9:30am - 12:00pm at the Nordegg Community Hall.
- Where: Nordegg, Alberta
- Location: Nordegg
- Adult registration is $30 (includes registration, first poker hand, lunch and prize draws)
- Youth 13-18 registration is $10 (includes registration, lunch and draw prizes)
- Children 12 and under no charge (includes registration and lunch)
- Great prizes for the top 5 poker hands!
- 50 km run (expanded route) from Nordegg to Alexo
- Every additional hand purchased is entered into a draw for a trip for two anywhere West Jet flies.
- Inexperienced dirt bike riders may have some challenges on this trail.
- THIS EVENT IS NOT A RACE!
- Enjoy beautiful David Thompson Country along the historic CN Rail Line.
- Staging starts at the Nordegg Community Centre.
- All proceeds support Camp Alexo.
- Participants under 18 years of age not eligible to purchase poker hand (per AGLC guidelines).
- OHV riders under 18 years of age must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Join us for the second annual Rally For Kids in support of Camp Alexo! This event is proudly presented by TELUS.
Enjoy an afternoon of OHV touring on the historic renewed portion of the CN Rail Line in the heart of David Thompson Country. This is a family friendly OHV trail, so load up and head out! This event goes RAIN OR SHINE, and is open to all outdoor OHV enthusiasts. Inexperienced dirt bike riders may encounter some challenges on this trail.
The event is a 50km poker run starting in Nordegg and ending at Camp Alexo. The Rally For Kids Poker Run is restricted to off-highway vehicles only (quads, side-by-sides and dirt bikes). Participants are responsible to ensure they have the appropriate OHV registration and insurance.
It should be noted that this trail is a family-friendly trail. It is not for extreme OHV enthusiasts, but rather for riders looking for a pleasant off-road experience in beautiful David Thompson Country. Trail may be subject to challenges in the event of heavy rain.
All proceeds raised will support Camp Alexo in its efforts to maintain facilities and operations for children and families from throughout central Alberta.
About the Rally For Kids:
• $30 Adult registration includes first poker hand rally card, lunch, and draw prizes.
• $10 Youth registration includes lunch and draw prizes. (Children 12 and under no charge.)
• Additional hands are $20 each (must be purchased at registration).
• Additional cards to enhance poker hands are $10 each (maximum of 2 per rally card and available *only* at the finish site at Camp Alexo).
• Poker cards are drawn at the start in Nordegg, at three designated checkpoints along the route as well as at the finish site at the Camp Alexo Eagle’s Nest Rotary Lodge.
• The Poker Run officially starts at 10:00am and concludes at 3:00pm at Camp Alexo.
• Registration opens 9:30am and closes 12:00pm at the Nordegg Community Hall.
• All participants must finish the rally and arrive at Camp Alexo by 2:30pm.
• All prizes are announced at 3:00pm (participants must be in attendance to win random draw prizes).
• Prizes are awarded for the top 5 poker hands.
• All rally cards turned in are eligible for a variety of door prizes donated by our generous sponsors.
• 50/50 tickets will be available at Camp Alexo only, with winner announced at 3:00pm.
• All participants must sign a waiver/release prior to starting the poker run.
• All OHV’s must travel on the designated trail only (a trail map will be provided).
• All prizes are awarded as presented and all decisions are final.
• All participants must abide by the laws in Alberta which apply to the operation of their specific OHV.
• THIS IS NOT A RACE! Rally participants must operate their OHV safely and at a speed appropriate to trail conditions.
• Please help us to protect our environment by disposing of garbage at the finish only.
• Cell service is available in most locations throughout route. An emergency contact number will be provided on event day.
• If you encounter breakdowns or mechanical issues on this trail there will be “Sweepers” on the route to assist.
HAVE A QUESTION
Need more information about this event? We'd love to hear from you. Send us a message using our online form, email us directly, or give us a call.
Email: [email protected]