The second edition of the Rally for Kids in support of Camp Alexo was a resounding success on Saturday.
358 participants joined in the Rally, beginning at the Nordegg Community Hall and finishing at Camp Alexo’s Eagles Nest Rotary Lodge. 80% of registrants preregistered online. The 50 km OHV trail was slightly modified from last year’s first edition of the rally, making it an even more exciting experience for riders of all ages. The event raised just over last year’s total, bringing home $16,500 to support Camp Alexo’s facilities and programs.
315 adults and 43 youth and children participated in the 50km rally. A total of 236 off highway vehicles took to the trails to participate in the poker run. The event was supported by 17 volunteers and 4 staff who dedicated their time on the long weekend to support the event.
Our Rally for Kids wouldn’t be successful without the support of our sponsors:
- Presenting Sponsor: TELUS
- Media Partner: Zed 98.9 & Real Country 95.5
- Checkpoint Sponsors: The Coverall Shop, Nordegg Community Association, Sunbelt Rentals, West Country Pump & Filtration
- Supporting Sponsors: The Canadian Brewhouse, Cooper Roofing, Low-Cost Propane, Shunda Creek Contracting, West Jet Cares for Kids
- Friend of the Rally: Nordegg Shell
We’d like to wish a big congratulations to the following prize winners:
- Reverse Osmosis Water treatment system, donated by West Country Pump & Filtration: Peter Pollock of Alix
- Backcountry Package, donated by The Coverall Shop: Marty Franczak of Nordegg
- $400 Sunbelt Rentals gift certificates & Dewalt 20V multi-tool kit, donated by Sunbelt Rentals: Bruce Holden of Stettler
- Weekend Getaway to Ptarmigan House at Camp Alexo, donated by Youth HQ: Kevin Lorenz of Sylvan Lake
- Prime Rib Dinner for up to 20 people, donated by The Canadian Brew House: Nate Prestie of Red Deer
- Trip for 2 anywhere WestJet flies, courtesy of WestJet Cares for Kids: Matthew Sprout of Rocky Mountain House
- FR Winter Parkas, donated by The Coverall Shop: Wade Smith of Caroline, Mitch Golay of Red Deer, Lauren Nielson of Kelowna, Larry Klettke of Stettler
- 2-20 lb propane tanks filled with a buddy heater, donated by Low-Cost Propane: Keith Penney of Red Deer
- Online Pre-Registration Draw – Stihl Chainsaw Kit, donated by Shunda Creek Contracting: Justess Cuthbert of Red Deer
- Youth Prize Draw – $300 Gift Certificate to Camp Alexo, donated by Camp Alexo: Evan Bielinksi of Red Deer County and Jayden Northrop of Stettler