Big Brothers and Big Sisters would like to thank the Canadian Western Bank for their generous contribution of $7,500 in support of our mentoring program. These funds will assist with volunteer recruitment, screening, orientation and training, as well as pre-match training for mentees and ongoing match support and supervision.
Potential benefits for a mentee from having a mentoring relationship include:
- Improved attendance at school.
- Improved relationships with other children, youth and families.
- Increased positive, healthy choices and enhanced self-esteem.
- Increased civic engagement and employment.
- Improved social and cognitive skills.
- Reduction of anxiety, depression and conduct problems.
Thank You to our friends at Canadian Western Bank. This is your place to make a difference.