Position: RBC RAISE THE GRADE
We’re looking for positive adult role models to assist in running drop-in programs in the after-school time frame for youth aged 13 – 18. The purpose is to keep youth participants safe, active, and positively engaged during the after-school time frame in person and remotely.
- successfully complete each phase of the Agency’s enrollment process
- participate in Orientation and Training administered by the Agency
- be a positive role model, emphasizing behavior such as trust, respect, reliability, honesty, fairness, commitment, resilience, kindness
- place primary importance upon the protection and well-being of children and youth
- be supervised and supported by, and remain accountable to, program staff
- volunteer with the RBC Raise the Grade program located at the Youth HQ building in Red Deer.
- support youth in academic mentoring through 1-on-1 and small group tutoring roles in person or remotely
- assist in running workshops that focus on academic, life, career, and social skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- have the ability to relate to young people and adults, and to adapt to change
- be reliable, honest, trustworthy, and fun to hang out with
- be collaborative, patient, and positive
- function within the guidelines of the Agency
- support the mission of the Agency