Join us at the annual RALLY FOR KIDS Poker Run in support of Camp Alexo. Enjoy an afternoon of OHV touring the historic CN rail line in the heart of David Thompson Country.
- Where: Nordegg, Alberta
- Location: Nordegg
- Only $25 per OHV and rider to participate.
- 40 km run from Nordegg to Camp Alexo.
- Collect poker cards from checkpoints along the route to make your best poker hand.
- Prizes for the top 5 poker hands and draw prizes.
- Enjoy a great BBQ lunch at Camp Alexo finish line.
- Enjoy fun activities at each of the Check Points.
- THIS EVENT IS NOT A RACE!
- Enjoy beautiful David Thompson Country along the historic CN rail line.
- Staging start at Nordegg Community Centre.
- All proceeds to support Camp Alexo.
The RALLY FOR KIDS Poker Run is open to all outdoor OHV enthusiasts. The event is a 40km poker run starting in Nordegg, Alberta and ending at Camp Alexo, Alberta. This event is restricted to OHV’s only (quads, side-by-sides and dirt bikes only). Participants are responsible to ensure they have the appropriate OHV registration and insurance.
The RALLY FOR KIDS takes place along the new renewed portion of the historic CN line. When completed this trail will span from Nordegg to Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
It should be noted that this trail is a family friendly trail. It is not for extreme OHV enthusiasts, but rather, for OHV enthusiasts looking for a pleasant off road experience in beautiful David Thompson Country.
All proceeds to support Camp Alexo in its efforts to maintain facilities and operations for children and families from throughout Central Alberta.
• $25 registration includes OHV designated number, one poker hand rally card, one lunch ticket and checkpoint activities.
• Passenger’s poker rally cards are $25 per person with a maximum of two additional rally cards per OHV Number. Passenger Rally card include one poker hand rally card, one lunch ticket and checkpoint activities
• Additional lunch tickets are $5 per person. (available at Camp Alexo)
• Additional cards to enhance poker hands (available to both passenger and driver) are $10 each (maximum of 2 per rally card and available only at the finish at Camp Alexo).
• Poker cards are drawn at the start in Nordegg, at three designated checkpoints along the route and at the finish at Camp Alexo.
• The Poker Run starts at 10:00am and concludes at 3:00pm at Camp Alexo.
• Registration opens 9:30am and closes 12:00pm at the Nordegg Community Hall.
• All participants must be at Camp Alexo finish by 2:30pm.
• All prizes announced at 3:00pm (participants must be in attendance to win prizes).
• Prizes awarded for the top 5 poker hands (No cash prizes)
• All Rally Cards turned in are eligible for a variety of door prizes from our sponsors.
• 50/50 tickets available at Camp Alexo only, with winner announced at 3:00pm.
• All participants must sign a waiver/release prior to starting the poker run.
• All OHV’s must travel on designated trail only (trail map will be provided).
• All prizes are awarded as presented and all decisions are final.
• All participants must abide by Alberta laws that apply to operation of their specific OHV.
• THIS IS NOT A RACE. Operate OHV’s safely and at a speed appropriate to trail conditions.
• Please help us to protect our environment by disposing of garbage at the finish only.
• Cell service is available throughout route. An emergency contact number will be provided.
Send registration form to [email protected] or fax to 403-342-7734
HAVE A QUESTION
Need more information about this event? We'd love to hear from you. Send us a message using our online form, email us directly, or give us a call.
Email: [email protected]