Position: Camp Counselor
Organization: Camp Alexo
Start Date: 17/06/2019
Camp Alexo is currently recruiting Camp Counsellors for their 2019 summer camp season. A rewarding career that will have a major impact on children’s lives! And Yours!
Working as part of a large cohesive team, Camp Counselors are responsible for the day to day supervision of children and youth at Camp Alexo. Spending your entire week immersed with the campers you will be a strong role model and an active participant in all camp activities.
Camp Counsellors will be able to connect with children and youth in a short period of time, creating lasting impressions and memories.
– All full time counselors must be over the age of majority (18) as of July 1, 2019.
– Are required to reside at Camp Alexo for the majority of the summer. Counselors receive 2—3 days off between each session (Room and Board are included in the staffing agreement at no charge to you) | (We do not provide accommodation during off days, but can help arrange those with you.)
– Dates of Employment are June 17-August 27, 2019 (10 Weeks)
– We require individuals to have a sincere interest in impacting the lives of children and youth, as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
– All staff are expected to follow our code of conduct and present themselves as positive role models to campers.
– CPR and Standard First Aid are requirements of all positions at Camp Alexo.
– Preference is given to those both currently attending and returning to education programs (post secondary)
– Preference will be given to candidates with a current Drivers Licence , especially those with either a class 2 or 4 (or willingness to obtain prior to start date.)
– All successful candidates will be required to complete our agency screening process, this includes references, Intervention Record Check, Criminal Record check, second interview, and child safe training.
Positions may be filled on a first come first serve basis at the employers discretion.
Camp Counselors (12 Positions Available) (Counselors work with both groups described below)
During programs for 7—12 year old’s, Camp Counselors live in camp with the youth, guide them to develop and grow, participate and lead campers in activities, and help create and implement intentional programs. These individuals are positive role models, sincere and enjoy spending time with youth and in the out doors. This is a great experience for those considering careers working with children.
During our camps for 13-17 year old’s, Camp Counselors continue to live with the children and youth while guiding, participating and teaching youth through different leadership and adventure based programming. We have adventure programs including; Back Packing, Canoeing, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Horseback Riding, and more.
– Salary: Camp Alexo offers Industry Leading Salary’s
– If you have any questions prior to completing your application, contact our Camp Director, Kevin, at [email protected] or 403.342-6500 Etx. 142
Camp Alexo recognizes the need for a diverse team. We do not discriminate against gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or disabilities. We do however, due to the nature of our programs, require male and female candidates, however will accommodate candidates who identify otherwise.
Check out the following websites for info about working at camps:
“There’s no better feeling than knowing you’ve made a difference in a kid’s life. It’s why I’ve always come back to Alexo. I know how diverse and welcoming the community is and I cherish every minute of it”—Camp Team Member