Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Youth HQ
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Are you an energetic, focused and motivated marketing professional? Do you have a passion for people, new challenges and thinking strategically? Would you enjoy constantly looking at innovative ways to support community engagement and fundraising efforts and strengthening the Youth HQ brand.
Youth HQ is a well-established leading provider of quality programs and services in support of children, youth and families in Red Deer and area since 1976. Youth HQ houses two nationally affiliated charities – the Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer and District and the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Red Deer and District. Youth HQ also support the 49th Street Youth Emergency Shelter and Camp Alexo. Our mission is to empower children and youth to develop confidence and skills for life through knowledge, healthy relationships and quality experiences. Our programs and services support more than 2,200 children and youth with the support of more than 350 caring volunteers in 11 communities.
As the marketing & communications coordinator typical responsibilities may include:
• Researching best practices to enhance digital communications and donor solicitation.
• Developing a network of business, corporate and private supporters.
• Establish and maintaining internal and external communications processes.
• Developing collateral materials, and resources to support community engagement objectives.
• Managing website, social media, community platforms and media relations.
• Ensure branding and messaging is consistent across all agency activities.
• Create our annual report and other resources to promote agency objectives.
• Participate closely within a community engagement team and senior staff and board in developing a strategic marketing and communications plan to drive Youth HQ objectives.
• Support the Volunteer Resource Coordinator and Fund Development Manager in community engagement activities.
• A dynamic and energetic work environment filled with creative, passionate and driven people.
• A competitive and compensation and benefits package.
• Great support for work-life balance and flexibility in the work place.
• Opportunity to be creative and develop your professional skills.
• To work in an agency which has a tremendous impact in the communities we serve.
• 3 to 5 years marketing experience with a proven track record of developing and executing marketing plans in support of fundraising and community engagement objectives.
• A competitive driven nature and strong team player.
• 1-3 years of people leadership experience.
• Knowledge of ethical and best practices as it relates to communications and marketing initiatives.
• Good understanding of budgeting, expenses management and reporting.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field.
• Demonstrate proficient skills in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
• Valid Alberta driver’s license and access to vehicle.
• Ability to work in a flexible schedule that may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Have we enticed you enough to want to consider becoming a marketing and communications coordinator in a dynamic agency that is moving forward and making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families in Red Deer and area? If we have then please submit your cover letter and resume to Youth HQ, Attention Jacquie Boyd, Executive Director.
Competition Closing date: March 20, 2019.
Youth HQ is your place to create, understand the power of team, impact lives, and be yourself.
Maybe you’ll find something good and make it great, or have a chance to take on something new that you’ve always wanted to try. With all that you have to offer, you’ll find a place to make a difference at Youth HQ as our…
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Bottom line, we want Youth HQ to have a profound impact on both youth and our community achieving their maximum potential. We want to take our new identity further than we imagined. We will achieve these by engaging our community through magnificent marketing, compelling communications and focused fund development.
Go beyond product, price, place and promotion and think about:
• Programs and services that excite youth giving them hope and optimism
• Making connections that inspire people to give their time, treasures and talents
• Enhancing our impact within Red Deer and across Central Alberta
• Sharing our stories (because that’s what we’re about), celebrating relationships…creating better futures
Dig deep and find out more about Youth HQ and all that we are. Prove to us that you:
• Think strategically but can also deliver
• Know that we are nonprofit and see that as an advantage, not a limitation
• Are a leader and a team player who can also achieve on your own
• Can be an explorer and discoverer of new opportunities so we are responsive to the needs of youth and our community
• Are both a master and jack of all trades; superhero qualities (DC or Marvel) are desirable but not essential
• Can deliver current and best practices in your field
• Understand that friend-raising and fund-raising go hand in hand to help pay the bills and that you will play an important role in both of these
• Have earned the confidence, trust and support of others who will vouch that you are up for the job
• Always give it that little extra!
In doing so, you will have the opportunity to join an inspiring team who make a genuine difference, one kid at a time.
Now for the fine print (even though it’s actually the same size): Candidates having the right blend of post-secondary education in a related field, 3 to 5 years direct experience, strong skills in the field or the right combination of all three, should definitely consider this position. This one of a kind opportunity remains open until the right person comes along, however candidates applying by March 27, 2019 will be given careful consideration.
Share and demonstrate your abilities for this role with:
• Jacquie Boyd, Executive Director
• [email protected]