Position: Camp Counsellors
Organization: Boys and Girls Club
Start Date: 22/06/2020
Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer and District is currently recruiting Camp Counsellors for their 2020 summer camp season. A rewarding career that will have a major impact on children’s lives, and yours! Although superhero powers are not required, they could be an asset.
Working as part of a cohesive team, Virtual/In-person Camp Counsellors are responsible for the day to day programming for children and youth through virtual and possibly in-person summer camp programs. Spending your week immersed with the campers you will be a strong role model and an active participant in all activities. Camp Counsellors will be able to connect with children and youth in a short period of time, creating lasting impressions and positive memories that will last the child’s lifetime.
- All full time counsellors must be over the age of majority (18) as of July 1, 2020
- Dates of Employment are scheduled for June 22 – August 28, 2020.
- We require individuals to have a sincere interest in impacting the lives of children and youth, as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- All staff are expected to follow our Code of Conduct and present themselves as positive role models to campers.
- Preference is given to those both currently attending and returning to education programs (post secondary).
- First Aid certification is required for in-person programming.
- All successful candidates will be required to complete our agency screening process; this includes references, Intervention Record Check, Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, second interview, and child safe training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the camp director, and co-counsellors, develop creative, age-appropriate activities for youth to participate in online, based on a weekly theme.
- Facilitate live virtual activities for assigned campers three times daily with a fellow counsellor, and/or in-person programming as assigned.
- Monitor the online safety and care of each camper in the assigned group. Monitor safety of campers in-person.
- Attend staff meetings as required (may be virtual)
- Support the professional development of Counsellors in Training
- Participate and engage in online training
Positions may be filled on a first come first serve basis at the employers discretion.
Boys and Girls Clubs offers competitive salaries.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; only those being considered will be contacted.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Les Waite, Program Manager, at [email protected]