Position: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Youth HQ
Youth HQ is currently recruiting for the position of Administrative Assistant (37.5 hrs per week). Youth HQ is affiliated with Boys and Girls Clubs of Red Deer and District and Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Red Deer and District, and manages the 49th Street Youth Shelter.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, among others:
– Research and apply for grants
– Review and synthesize studies
– Compose and/or edit information to be used in press releases, brochures, posters, websites and social media
– Enter data into websites
– Create manuals/guides
– Recommend changes to policies and procedures
– Update job descriptions
The ideal candidate will:
– Be enrolled in post-secondary education – (Business Admin/ Marketing/ Communications, etc.) both prior semester and returning in the fall. Also must be under 30 years old (These are grant requirements)
– Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– Have education and/or experience in marketing
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Be well organized and able to work independently
This is a temporary position available immediately for an eight-week period with a possibility of extension, on a part-time basis.
Closing Date: When a suitable candidate is found.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
Mail: 4633-49th Street, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 1T4
Inquiries: Phone: 403.342.6500