Position: Senior Administrative Support Clerk
Organization: Youth HQ
Youth HQ is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Admin. Support Clerk, (37.5 hrs per week). Youth HQ operates Boys and Girls Clubs of Red Deer and District, Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Red Deer and District, and the 49th Street Youth Shelter.
Reporting to the Finance & Admin. Manager, the Senior Admin. Support Clerk will be responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, among others:
– Ensures accurate and timely payroll, group benefit and pension administration
– Ensures compliance with all Alberta Employment Standards requirements
– Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
– Maintains Excel spreadsheets relating to payroll, benefits and interagency chargebacks
– Validates accounts payable coding and entries, issues cheques, ensures procedural consistency, resolves accounts payable vendor concerns and monitors status of vendor accounts.
– Attends monthly Board meetings and is responsible for accurate reporting of minutes for three separate entities
– Follows up with outstanding balances in accounts receivable
The ideal candidate should possess:
– Successful completion of a two-year business administration diploma
– At least three years’ experience with payroll, pension and benefit administration
– At least three years’ experience working with Sage 50, including strong emphasis on costing accounting
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please respond, if this opportunity interests you and if you meet all the above requirements
Closing date: When a suitable candidate is found
Submit resume and cover letter to: Email: [email protected]
Mail: 4633-49th Street, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 1T4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.