Position: Camp Counselor
Organization: Camp Alexo
Start Date: 18/06/2018
– All full time counselors must be over the age of majority (18) as of July 1, 2018
– Are required to reside at Camp Alexo for the majority of the summer. Counselors receive 2—3 days off between each session (Room and Board are included in the staffing agreement at no charge to you) | (We do not provide accommodation during off days, but can help arrange those with you in the Red Deer area).
– Dates of Employment are June 18—August 28, 2018
– We require individuals to have a sincere interest in impacting the lives of children and youth, as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
– All staff are expected to follow our code of conduct and present themselves as positive role models to the children and youth that we serve.
– CPR and Standard First Aid are requirements of all positions at Camp Alexo
– Preference is given to those both currently attending and returning to education programs (post secondary)
– Preference will be given to candidates with current Drivers Licence , especially those with either a class 2 or 4 drivers license
– All successful candidates will be required to complete our agency screening process, this includes references, Intervention Record Check, Criminal Record check, second interview, and child safe training.
Application are available online at by clicking the link below. Interviews are conducted based on qualifications. Positions are filled on a first come first serve basis of applicants who have completed the application and interview process.
Camp Counselors (10 Positions Available) (Counselors work with both groups described below)
During programs for 7—12 year old’s, Camp Counselors live in camp with the youth, guide them to develop and grow, participate and lead campers in activities, and help create and implement intentional programs. These individuals are positive role models, sincere and enjoy spending time with youth and in the out doors. This is a great experience for those considering careers working with children.
During our camps for 13-17 year old’s, Camp Counselors continue to live with the children and youth while guiding, participating and teaching youth through different leadership and adventure based programming. We have adventure programs including; Back Packing, Canoeing, Rock Climbing, Kayaking, Horseback Riding, and more.
– Salary: $550.00—$600.00 per week + 4% Vacation paid out each pay period.
– If you have any questions prior to completing your application, contact our Camp Director, Kevin, at [email protected] or 403.342-6500 Etx. 142
Check out the following websites for info about working at camps:
“There’s no better feeling than knowing you’ve made a difference in a kid’s life. It’s why I’ve always come back to Alexo. I know how diverse and welcoming the community is and I cherish every minute of it”—Camp Team Member